"Positive information benefits us emotionally, physically, and mentally. It contributes to a happier, healthier life."
By Good News Network Saturday, August 05, 2006
6) Solar-Power Trash Compactors on Boston Streets Save Money, Cut Litter -
The mayor of Boston is cutting down on city litter with new
solar-powered trash compactors on the streets. They collect the maximum
trash with minimum effort. Another "good government" idea that proves thinking green means more green
in your pocketbook. (Civics)
7) Chocolate Could Contribute to New Source of Renewable Energy - UK scientists have found a way to extract hydrogen from confectionary waste â€“ a process that could lead to food factories using their own product waste to generate energy for the manufacturing process. (Earth)
8) GM Unveils New, Green Assembly Plant
- The new GM auto plant in Michigan was unveiled as the "most
environmentally-friendly auto plant" in the world. It implements lots
of green innovations like... (Business)
9) Democratic Republic of Congo Votes, First Time in 40 Years - "Many people walked miles to get to the polling stations, and some queued overnight, waiting for them to open. "
And, although many people are hungry and weary from a long civil war, voter Donatien Kalinga "said his heart was 'full of joy' at the prospect of voting for the first time." (Civics)
10) Listening to Mozart Heals Elephant's Depression - When zoo keepers realized that classical music seemed to help Suma, the elephant, cope with the grief brought on by a mate's death, they installed a stereo and showered the pachyderm with the healing vibes of Bach, Vivaldi, and her favorite, Mozart. (Recreation)
|Civics and World|