By Good News Network Friday, March 10, 2006
• Subscribe to the RSS feed, get good news widgets for your homepage, including iGoogle or MyYahoo pages, read the news from our mobile site, and sign up for a free weekly e-newsletter. You can print out stories that are in the MOST POPULAR Section.
• Registration is free. We are not in the good news business to sell your name and e-mail so you don't need to worry about that. Once you register and confirm with us by e-mail, you will be able to view your own user page on our site whenever you are logged in, submit news, upload photos and make comments on all stories.
• There are seven sections — Family LIFE, RECREATION, BUSINESS, EARTH, HEALTH and INSPIRED — and inside these seven are a few separate categories, like PETS, GREAT KIDS; SPORTS, CELEBRITIES; SCIENCE, OPINIONS, and RELIGIONS.
• As a registered user, you can add your comments below the stories. Your picture would show up next to your comment if you upload one to your user page. (Or, add a photo of your cat).
• As a registered user, you can submit your own good news via a text editor.
• When you see a user's name as an author of a comment or article, you can click on it and view all the stories they've had published as an author, or you can send them an e-mail message.
• When you see an author's byline that is blue and clickable, it means the author is a GNN member, and you can click on their name and view all their stories.
• You can Submit a Story if you are a registered and logged-in member. Look for SUBMIT NEWS in your USER MENU in the top right column.
• A Search function always appears in the upper right corner.
• Make a Suggestion and Contact Us are found at the very bottom of the homepage.
• What is RSS? The RSS feed is a free subscription syndication of our daily headlines. You need a RSS feed reader or aggregator on your computer to be able to subscribe and receive the headlines on your computer in real time. What is RSS? Find out here.
• Will I automatically receive the weekly newsletter if I am a registered user?
No. You must subscribe separately to receive The Top Ten Good News of the Week (with the Video of the Week) — a collection of the best stuff on the Web site. All you need to do is subscribe with your name and e-mail address. Click where it says subscribe on the front page... Get the good news delivered to your mailbox. (You can check out our Archives Section in the menu to see Top Ten lists from May through November, 2006, as well as the Top Ten Good News of the Year.)
• How to Change Your Password:
Go to MY MENU, (in the tip right corner where all the user functions are)
Go to MY PROFILE --> Then go to EDIT (hover over that and click on Update Your Profile.
In the Contact Info tab you can change your password!
• Getting the Weekly email Newsletter
-- If you have problems subscribing to the free newsletter, the Top 10 News of the Week, you can sign up for it by sending a blank email to this address. Afterwards, look for the verification e-mail in your Inbox, and click on the link there.
• Making GNN Your Home Page
It is simple to do in your browser.
In Firefox, just visit our home page in your browser window, go to preferences in the Firefox menu and "Click to make this your home page." Make sure it says http://www.goodnewsnetwork in the Homepage field.-
You can make the Good News Network your homepage by following these easy instructions if your web browser is Internet Explorer:
1. Go to http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org
2. Select "Tools > Internet Options" from the menu
3. Click the "General" tab
4. Click the "Use Current" button in the "Home page" box
5. Click "OK"
|Civics and World|