To counter the barrage of negative campaigning in 2012, “Good News Goes to Washington”
An 85-foot yacht has been chartered to sail up the Potomac, bringing good news to DC’s doorstep, just in the nick of time.
It’s also celebrating the anniversary of the Good News Network website, launched 15 years ago this month by a mother of three, and former TV news broadcaster in Washington, DC.
- The company’s founder and managing editor will be announcing that FREE Good News subscriptions have been delivered to every member of congress on Capitol Hill, with a plea to be more positive and start each day with encouraging good news. (Offices might even submit their own positive stories.)
- Honorary ‘Good News Ambassadors’ will be awarded on the 2-hour cruise: 1) Lecturer and author Caroline Adams Miller, MAPP, for her work in the field of positive psychology; and 2) Democratic Nominee for Alexandria City Council Allison Silberberg, for her work as the inspirational author of Visionaries In Our Midst: Ordinary People who are Changing our World.
- Subscribers and fans can come along too, by emailing ahead for their free reservation.
- The Good News Network website launched on Labor Day in 1997, and is #1 on Google for good news, with 50,000 subscribers. ( www.goodnewsnetwork.org )
(Media who want to cover the event must RSVP soon; seating is limited.)
DATE: Sunday, September 9, 2012, Boarding time- 5:15pm
PLACE: 1300 Maine Ave. Southwest D.C.
BIO: Geri Weis-Corbley is the founder, president and managing editor of the Good News Network, beginning its 16th year publishing positive stories online. With 20 years of experience in TV and online news media, she has given speeches and interviews on radio and TV about the benefits of a “Daily Dose of News to Enthuse”.
Geri worked in TV news in Washington, D.C. in the 1980’s freelancing for companies like CNN. She left her career in television to raise a family at home during the 1990’s, and that’s when the World Wide Web came to life and she decided to create a good news website, following an inner calling she’d had for 15 years. Since 1997, she has written thousands of articles focused on positive solutions and heroes covering all fields of interest: http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org
- COLIN POWELL (former Secretary of State) wrote, “Thank you for writing your Good News. I enjoyed reading the positive stories… I’m heartened by the goodness and generosity that I see in people… Keep up your good work.”
- KATIE COURIC featured the Good News Network on the CBS Evening News
- Named to ROLLING STONE magazine’s ‘Hot List’ in 2009
- Additional interviews: NPR’s ALL THINGS CONSIDERED, WASHINGTON POST, BBC WORLD SERVICE