New Procedure Saves Dog Poisoned By Mushrooms

New Procedure Saves Dog Poisoned By Mushrooms

by -
0

mushroom red capped-badeendjuh-MorguefileVeterinarians in Berkeley and a Santa Cruz doctor teamed up to save a dog who was poisoned by mushrooms — trying a procedure that may help save human lives, too.

California owner Helen Abel was told her dog, like so many toadstool-eating dogs before him, would die after eating death cap mushrooms.

But, weeks later the two-year-old Mini Australian shepherd is still alive thanks to innovative doctors.

(READ the story from CBS San Francisco)

Photo by badeendjuh via Morguefile


COMMENTS