PG&E Launches $100M Fund For Calif. Blast Victims

PG&E Launches $100M Fund For Calif. Blast Victims

by -
0

gas flame photo by michael connors via morguefilePacific Gas and Electric Co. said Monday it was establishing a $100 million fund for victims of a huge gas pipeline explosion that left at least four people dead and destroyed 37 homes.

The money was intended to help victims meet their day-to-day needs and would be provided with no strings attached, said Chris Johns, president of PG&E.

The company previously gave the city of San Bruno $3 million to help cover its expenses related to the blast, Johns said.

(READ the AP story at NPR)

COMMENTS