A mother and her 6-year-old child were killed by a fire near his home, and the story had a real impact on Hector Montoya. So he took the $300 he had saved and spent the money on smoke detectors.
“Saving a life is more important,” Montoya said.
The Grand Prarie Fire Department showed Hector and his friends how to actually install the small devices in people’s ceilings and the group went door to door installing more than 100.
(WATCH the video or READ the story from CBS)
Thanks to Gretchen Craig for submitting the link on our Facebook Page!