If there is one thing I’ve learned in life it’s that we need to continue growing in order to experience our fullest potential and happiness! That’s the reason the New Year always pumps me up!
Asserting a resolution for the upcoming year is one way of focusing your life’s path. Unfortunately, even with the best of intentions, many times we have completely dropped our resolution by January 5th.
So, what do you do if you really want to make lasting changes?
For starters, it’s important to understand a few things…
Firstly, I am not a fan of the idea of a New Year’s Resolution. I prefer to have an intention and goals. So for the past several years, I have set my New Year’s intention followed by goals that pertain to certain areas of my life that will build that intention.
Thirdly, we must remember one of my favorite “F” words… Forgiveness! When we step outside our comfort zone, such as having a grapefruit for breakfast every morning instead of the usual McMuffin, once in a while we may slip up and have a McMuffin. How do we stop ourselves from reverting back to a McMuffin everyday? By forgiving ourselves for the one we had and moving forward with our intention and goal.
Understanding these three concepts before setting your intention and goals provide the groundwork for success.
Now here is my system for creating a New Year’s Intention and Goals!
Grab your journal and a pen…
1. What qualities are missing from your life? (Example: peace, intimacy, fun, abundance, success, etc.)
2. Look at those words. Which one gives you a little extra emotional oomph feeling like you need it the most?
3. What do you desire to have happen over the next year in these areas of your life: health, home, work, money, lifestyle, and family?
4. Look at those 6 answers and re-write them with WAY more detail and use the word “will” instead of want or desire. For example your first health answer might be “I want to lose weight” and your detailed answer would be more like “I will lose 15 pounds by April 1st by weight training 3 days per week and following the Belly Blast Bootcamp dietary guidelines.” See the difference? What measureable result do you want to see?
5. Now make it pretty and clear. On a fresh piece of paper, write:
“My 2018 intention is _____________ (your one word from question 2)!”
Underneath that write “I will bring _________ (your one word from question 2) into my life through these Goals:”
Below that write your goals clearly.
6. Keep that paper in your face. Write in in your phone notes and daily reminders. Put the pretty paper next to your bed, on your bathroom mirror, in your car, on your desk, in your pantry, and anywhere else that you will look at regularly. Tell your partner, your best friend, or anyone else that will listen. The more focus and energy your give to these goals and intention, the sooner it will manifest for you!
Viola! You are ready for 2018! And if you are looking to jumpstart your health goals, check out Belly Blast Bootcamp! It is a great reboot for your body that includes tons of love, motivation, and support. You do the work, and I’ll guide the way 🙂
Happy New Year!