Criteria for material published on the Good News Network®
First of all, the stories must always be compelling — the opposite of boring.
The subject must also exhibit several of the following characteristics:
- Opposing groups find common ground and move forward together
- Shows compassion or understanding toward others
- Refutes the stereotypes that are regularly applied to any group
- Exhibits love, non-violence, generosity, peaceful conflict resolution, or caring
- Features solutions to problems, while exhibiting the characteristics above
- Exemplifies support for the sustainability of our planet
The Good News Network® publishes news that reflects our values. These are values that are reinforced with every story and commentary.
- Equality and oneness
What we stand for
The Good News Network is expressing a philosophy. We believe in striving for cooperation, sustainability, generosity, and unity — and trying in our lives to love. We will share analysis of current affairs and public opinion that reflect this philosophy of optimism, because many, including well-known columnists, are optimistic.
We do not want to polarize with debate but unify upon common ground. We believe the common ground upon which we can find agreement as citizens of the 21st century is based on the traditional seven values listed above.
What we do
We report on outstanding citizen action to offset the daily barrage of negative news. We showcase innovative solutions to the world’s problems.
We feature articles that help to shatter negative stereotypes. We try to uplift our views of government, politicians, the corporate community, the entertainment industry, public schools, inner cities and each other.