The five greenest cities in the world aren’t necessarily those with nothing but trees and parks.
Being a green city is all about sustainability and improving your carbon footprint, and these five are putting themselves on the fast track to becoming sustainable-carbon neutral.
- Vancouver, Canada has been recognized for trying to make the Winter Olympic games sustainable, but it’s their day-to-day focus that really allows this Canadian city to earn its ranking.
- Malmo, Sweden is known for its parks, but also innovates in its sustainable urban spaces.
- Curitiba, Brazil features great transit and parks that are trimmed by sheep.
- Portland, Oregon focuses upon alternative transit with light-rail and extensive bike path networks
- Reykjavik, Iceland runs entirely on green power.