I’m sure you have a bright idea hidden somewhere in the back of your mind that you know would be a success. But, for some reason, you’re just not doing it. Maybe your mindset is blocking your action. Remember that a correct and positive attitude in whatever you do will make things easier, and even enjoyable. Why not make 2008 the year you achieve your goal and bring that idea to life using these tips?
An idea takes time to form in your head and is always at work while you are busy sitting. Utilizing a bit of positive thinking can help you begin to realize your dreams even if you’re just sitting on your favorite couch. Thinking big is indeed the entrepreneurial way and that is what makes many small businesses prosperous.
1. Commit to yourself, as well as those you love, to create powerfully a life you can love. Instead of reacting, commit to creating from your heart and soul, out of love rather than fear. Your dream can always be there, but a dream will still be a dream without motion. You might be amazed as the transformation begins.
2. Take passionate action toward living your life by design. Talk is cheap. Action = deposits in the bank of a passionately authentic future. Without it, passion is void. This is a perfect example of where dreams are made of where you start by tinkering with your mind, then with your hands. And if the idea weakens, you can always go back to it later until you finish it.
3. Recognize and embrace the thought that each moment is perfect — regardless of its outcome. Every time you hit on something that may appear too extreme, why not give it a shot and see if it will work. You will be surprised to see there are other ways to get the task done in time. If you are not pleased with the outcome, decide to use that moment to learn from and make the appropriate shift. Think of it as failing forward.
4. Dwell completely in a place of gratitude. Learn to use what you have at your disposal and make use of it in the most constructive way. Slipping into neediness will become less of a habit when you repeatedly shift toward gratitude and away from poverty consciousness.
5. Use a Passion Formula: Recognize/Reevaluate/Restore in place of the Shoulda/Woulda/Coulda. The former is based in increased knowledge and abundance while the latter focuses on scarcity and lack. As you face people or tasks that may seem harder than scaling Mount Everest, allow yourself to realize that the task is just as important as giving out orders to your staff. You would rather be richly passionate!
6. Keep humor at the forefront of thought, laughing at and with yourself when possible. You may find yourself quite entertaining when you loosen up! Life has so much to offer — don’t allow yourself to mope around in self pity. Humor is very attractive, very passionate: life-giving.
7. Believe that you are the architect of your destiny. No one can take your passionate future from you except for you! Create your life authentically.
As long as there’s still breath in your body, there is no end to how much you can accomplish in a lifetime. The concept of thinking big is all about enjoying your work, which would lead to celebrate a discovery that is born within your hands. Watch everything flow into place with perfect, passionate precision.
C.S. Pothitt is the President of the Women’s Business Gallery, a website dedicated to helping women build their entrepreneurial and small businesses. She has more than 15 years in marketing communications, public relations, writing and editing, as well as more than eight years online experience. If you enjoyed this article, please visit www.womens-business-gallery.com for more.