I like this idea very much: In Bradenton, Florida, the local newspaper prints readers’ praise for extra special service received in their community. I’ve always wanted to feature personal reports of excellent customer service. Great service occurs much more often than people think. First these from Bradenton, then, my own…
- The owner of Healthy Home of Sarasota refused to charge Barbara for the needed replacement parts on her vacuum cleaning system and has always given excellent service.
- Dentists and staff at Palmetto Dental Center stayed past their regular office hours to extract a tooth for someone who desperately needed attention before they left on their trip to Germany the next morning.
- “A very nice lady” turned in Susan’s wallet to the waitstaff at a local restaurant after finding it in the restroom. Susan promises to pay forward 10 good deeds in thanks.
- I called Hamilton Beach and reported the cover to my Custom Grind coffee grinder had broken, rendering the item useless. Without asking when I purchased the item, she asked me to turn the machine over and give her the number on the bottom. Then, she simply mailed me a new cover free of charge!
- Canon was most compassionate to me a few years ago after I purchased an expensive video camera. Even though I had totally forgotten to send in the paperwork in time to receive the rebate — by more than a month — they sent me a check for the total amount of $250.
Now, THAT is what I call customer service! Tell us your story — in a comment below…