A teacher in Poplar Bluff, Missouri is lucky that one of her nine-year-old students is a movie lover.

She was teaching her class at the dry erase board and suddenly passed out, allergic to the fumes.

Hero Brendon Garman said, “I just ran over when she passed out.”

He got to her purse and grabbed her inhaler, gave it to his groggy teacher and saved her life.

He says he knew what to do from a scene in the movie “Are We There Yet.”

“If I didn’t see that movie, I wouldn’t know what to do,” said Brendon.

(READ the story, w/ photos, at WKFVS-12)

Photo by theilr via flickr, cc license –  Thanks to katherine for story tip


Leave a Reply