It’s nice to think about giving back throughout the year, but it may seem like organizations are only interested in ongoing monetary donations, rather than asking for your time or suggesting little things you can do to make a difference every day.
If you’re looking for tips or inspiration, the new “Giving Back Guide” from Tiny Prints discusses everyday ways to serve your community.
Here are nine ways to give back without opening your wallet:
1. Share your talents. Whether you are a knitting wiz or a yogi, you can find an organization that could use your expertise. Make winter hats for the homeless or teach yoga classes at your local Boys and Girls Club.
2. Support companies that give back. Programs like eBay Giving Works, Amazon Smile, and birth announcements by Tiny Prints give back a percentage of sales to charities throughout the year. In the case of Amazon Smile, you can choose the charity that benefits.
3. Take the lead. Organize a bake sale to raise funds for a cause near to your heart.
5. Donate blood and help save a life. Participate in a local blood drive or schedule an appointment with the American Red Cross.
6. Think beyond the dollar. Donate gift cards here, which you haven’t used, or old stocks you haven’t yet cashed.
7. Deliver baked goods to your local fire or police station to show appreciation.
8. When your birthday comes along, ask family or friends to donate to your favorite charity, in lieu of gifts. Many of your favorite charities have ways to set up a donation page online, to make it easy to collect pledges and see your total grow.
9. Use some of that stationary or colored paper collecting dust in your closet to send homemade cards to the troops overseas or drop them off at your local children’s hospital to spread some cheer.
See More ideas from The Giving Back Guide.
(Photo by FriendsForLife)