photo by Sun StarEven firefighters are calling a little boy from Harrisburg, Illinois a hero. He saved his little sister’s life after her hair, face, and arms caught on fire.

After his 2-year-old sister climbed onto a counter and tried to blow out a candle, the nine-year-old boy heard her screams, ran into the room and wrapped her in a wet towel, that had been haphazardly left on the floor by an older cousin.

“This young man did something most kids twice his age wouldn’t have the forethought, or capability, or understanding of performing,” said St. Louis Firefighter Shawn Bittle.

Read the story at KTVI-TV

Leave a Reply